Friday, May 30, 2014

A January Bride by Deborah Raney, A Review ★★★

18168267

Amazon          Goodreads          Barnes and Noble
Books-A-Million            Christian Book

Book Description



Who can work in a house that's overrun by contractors and carpenters? Not Madeleine Houser, a successful novelist who gladly accepts the help of her octogenarian friend, Ginny, to arrange for a temporary office in the charming bed and breakfast owned by Ginny's friend, Arthur. Maddie’s never met the innkeeper––but a friendship grows between them as Maddie and Arthur leave messages for each other each day. To Maddie’s alternate delight and chagrin, she seems to be falling for the inn’s owner––a man who's likely many years her senior––and who she’s never even met.

Review

I received an eARC copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley. Here is my honest review.

This is the second book in the A Year of Weddings series. Just like the first novella, this one is sweet and an enjoyable read. 

What I really enjoyed in this book was the fact that Meredith and Art began their romance with a series of daily notes and a misconception that the other was older. The fact that they connected through the written word in a honest and genuine way made it more believable that they would be marrying within four, five months of that first note being exchanged. 


I gave this book: 

★ = I did not like it     ★ = It was okay     ★ = I liked it    
★ = I really liked it     ★ = I loved it

No comments: