Monday, July 4, 2011

Gallery Idol 2011 Submission

Well, I decided to create a card for the PaperCrafts Gallery Idol 2011 contest. Today.

My sister and her husband are buying their first home. I'm really excited for them and so I thought I would make a congrats card for them tonight.

As I was thinking about what to create, I remembered a card I made (waaay back) here and decided to use that same idea. This time I used my Cricut and Gypsy to create the base, welding and flipping so that I would have a pocket which was much easier than the last time!

I cut the roof off the outer pocket and cut another house to create the insert. Since my sister's bedding is a grey with bright pops of colors I decided to pair some grey script paper with some Basic Grey papers. All from my stash. I love the little crystal doorknob and wreath on the door. And the lace trim.


Riet said...

So gorgeous Cassie.

Hugs Riet.xx

Suzann Soliz said...

LOVE it!!!
let me know more about the cricut club! I would love to play and find an excuse to see my friend!!!

Chris (Wellnifty) said...

So cute x

cbuswell said...

Love your sweet house, the colors are perfect!